Non-Discrimination and Anti-Harassment Training
EGCO Group considers no discrimination and equal opportunity to be integral values to organizational management. This means we are committed to ensuring that internal processes and decision-making are not influenced by discrimination or prejudice on the basis of gender, sexuality, nationality, ethnicity, cultural background, and/or disability. Furthermore, the Company promotes a culture of respect for freedom of expression and anti-harassment – whether non-sexual or sexual harassment – amongst all employees.
In addition to establishing the Human Rights Policy and Guideline, introducing additional channels for whistleblowing on discrimination or harassment, and completing corrective or disciplinary actions, EGCO Group has established training for all employees on discrimination and harassment in the workplace. In this way, the Company makes certain that all employees understand their own rights and can meaningfully respect the rights of others.
Training on Discrimination and Harassment in the Workplace
EGCO Group values all employees and considers our people to be invaluable assets to the organization. Thus, the Company has established policies to promote ethical conduct amongst employees, placing emphasis, especially on equal treatment or no discrimination, and promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
EGCO Group has developed e-learning training for all employees on discrimination and harassment in the workplace that covers various topics on respectful treatment of all employees. Additionally, the Company has produced internal communication materials to promote desired principles of respectful treatment within the organization, namely:
- Equal Treatment and Non-Discrimination
- Reputation Management
EGCO Group has also produced a case study that demonstrates what discrimination or harassment might look like in the workplace. This case study, presented as a short skit video and also showcases the implementation of corrective or disciplinary actions following the observed incident of discrimination or harassment. The video was screened for employees within the organization as well as external participants.
Benefits of the Project
- Promoting good practices amongst employees and within the organization contributed to making employees proud of the Company and fostering a more positive work culture.
- Employees understand how the Company’s grievance mechanism and whistleblowing channels work, and understand what to do if they experience or observe discrimination or harassment.
- Develop and roll out e-learning training on discrimination and harassment in the workplace.
- Produce internal communication materials to promote respectful treatment of all employees.
- Produce a short skit video to promote awareness and understanding of Company channels for whistleblowing or complaints on discrimination or harassment, and distribute to employees and external stakeholders.
Diversity and Inclusion Training
To promote diversity consciousness within employees and foster an organizational culture rooted in inclusion and acceptance of differences, EGCO Group has developed e-learning training targeted to promote diversity and inclusion. More details on the topics covered in these trainings are listed below.
The Workforce Diversity Generation Management training program guides participants to reflect on how the differences in behavior, attitudes, beliefs, and work values they observe in the workplace may be explained or understood by acknowledging generational differences, such as those between the Baby Boomers Generation, Generation X, Generation Y, or Generation Z. The training targets managers of all levels and aims to equip them with the skills needed to effectively manage their teams while being able to draw out each person’s full potential.
The Innovation Leadership and Diversity Management training program targets high-level management and aims to promote awareness and understanding of how differences in ethnicity or race may result in differences in culture and work values. The training defines the role of high-level management in leading innovative change and managing diversity.
The Gender Equality training program explores the boundaries that have traditionally been used to define genders and the social norms assigned to men and women. The training is administered through a podcast series called “Men Used to Wear Heels”. The podcast presents the concept of gender fluidity by initiating a discussion on how traditionally held gender norms regarding clothing, which previously assigned certain articles of clothing as more suitable for men or women, have now been replaced by a larger market for unisex clothes, which are products that are not targeted for a particular gender and offer consumers the ability to freely choose according to their preferences.
Benefits of the Project
- EGCO Group employees have increased diversity consciousness and can appreciate the diversity of people, whether in age, ethnicity, or gender, in the workplace and within society as a whole.
- EGCO Group managers understand the diversity within the organization and can inspire their team members to reach their full potential.
- Develop and roll out e-learning training on diversity in the workplace.
SEXUAL HARASSMENT PREVENTION IN THE WORKPLACE
To encourage a safe workplace, EGCO group has conducted a sexual harassment prevention measure by sending an email to employees of EGCO about the sexual harassment, the victims, and how to address this problem in the workplace.
EGCO group has also provided a grievance channel for employees in case they are subjected under sexual harassment for a better working environment and safety of everyone related.
Benefits of the Project
- EGCO Group employees have increased their awareness towards workplace sexual harassment and how to address them.
- EGCO Group employees realizes they are able to voice their grievance through channel available.
- Send email regarding sexual harassment and how to address them together with grieving channel to EGCO group’s employees.